Rational use of information technologies in health care health is an urgent task for doctors and is regulated in fundamental regulatory documents. Medical institutions are subject to a huge number of requirements in the field of professional activity, finances, society, and patients. The practical solution to most problems is impossible without the informatization of medicine. Today on the way to the introduction of information technologies in medical institutions there are many concerns: there is no unified software, there is a serious shortage of financial resources, and issues of classification and terminology of information systems. Terminology of information systems. All this leads to the urgent need and needs to create custom healthcare software development services and information support systems for patients and doctors.
There is a daily need for “practical” health care, due to the growing amount of data and the need for active participation of the patient in the treatment process. The organization of the information space of a medical institution is a complex and time-consuming process, aimed at solving professional, organizational, and social tasks. The article deals with the application of information technologies in the practice of a medical institution in order to transform its information space into an environment of coordination for employees and patients. The information support system is described, which includes basic information resources, technologies, and ways of obtaining information. Different in importance, demand, and cost, in aggregate they form the information space of a medical institution. Medical information system acts as a comprehensive information resource that provides a full range of functionalities aimed at providing scientific and practical medical diagnostic processes.
The last two decades are going to the successful development of the market of medical information systems and their implementation in healthcare practice.
The organization of rehabilitation treatment (RT) is a complex and multicomponent concept that combines two aspects: objective (organization of rehabilitation treatment at the primary level of medical care) and subjective (rehabilitation treatment as it is perceived by healthcare professionals and patients). The model of rehabilitation treatment for assessing the quality of medical care and which is widely used in the organization of health care in countries around the world is based on three main components:
process, structure, and effectiveness. Over the past 20 years, the overall need for medical rehabilitation has increased by 5.4 times. In addition to increasing the level of morbidity, this is due to significant progress in the development and practical application of new methods and means of rehabilitation.
Researchers have proved that medical rehabilitation is available for patients with different pathologies. In diseases of the musculoskeletal system, it is used 5.7 times, relatively more often compared to other diseases. This is the result of the historical development of medical rehabilitation, which began with these diseases. At the same time, medical rehabilitation is much less frequently rehabilitation is used for circulatory system diseases (2.7 times), respiratory diseases (6.7 times), and digestive diseases (2.7 times), which requires accelerated development of its adequate methods and means in order to have a more positive impact on public health. In modern conditions of health care system development, the main reserve of increasing the capacity of medical rehabilitation is its development at the primary level of medical care through appropriate training of family doctors and the creation of appropriate conditions at outpatient clinics and organization of rehabilitation hospitals as part of hospital districts.
The introduced qualitatively new standardization system has the following characteristics:
(A new system of representation by new types of documents)
- Unified clinical protocols of medical care, medical standards, and clinical guidelines.
- Clinical protocols of medical care and medical standards are developed on the principles of evidence-based medicine (these developments are based on clinical guidelines (tertiary sources of evidence-based medicine).
- Documents are developed not by medical specialty, but by topic (hypertension, ischemic stroke, etc.).
- Documents are developed by multidisciplinary groups (representatives of all interested specialties) – an important methodological approach that is used all over the world is important.
What are the conditions for implementation?
The conditions for implementation in practice at the primary level of medical care of the proposed model are:
- at the level of the healthcare sector: the creation of unified system classifiers and coding of medical information, certification of medical information technologies, harmonization of basic international standards of medical data exchange;
- at the level of healthcare institutions: full computerization of healthcare institutions with access to the Internet, training medical workers to use office equipment and use information resources, and availability of working time for this. Implementation of the proposed model in health care practice allows providing family doctors with comprehensive normative, scientific, and methodological information on the organization of rehabilitation treatment to significantly increase the level of its use and the effectiveness of its application.
IT solutions in the field of healthcare
Binariks provides a full range of IT services in the field of healthcare – development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of software solutions in the international market for 10 years. We will offer a ready-made solution or develop unique software for your field, implement it in your medical institution, train staff to work with the product and provide full technical support.
Individual software development for telemedicine
Binariks team has many years of experience in implementing non-traditional solutions in various business areas. One of our core competencies is understanding and studying the customer’s business niche. We understand the complexity of the healthcare market and are ready to offer you the development of solutions using advanced technologies, taking into account global practices and trends, as well as strict compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements in the healthcare industry.
The value of custom telemedicine software development by Binariks lies in providing you with a solution based on in-depth market analysis and tailored to your individual needs. The cost of development depends on the complexity of the software and is calculated for each project individually. Want to know about our approach to project estimation? Contact us right now.