Anyone who drinks whiskey knows that aged whiskey tastes better than regular whiskey. Similarly, for those who smoke cannabis, there are various smoking tools, and the experience varies from one tool to the other.
Investing in quality smoking tools is ideal when you’re looking to take your smoking experience to the next level. You can consider adding many types of smoking tools to your collection when you’re looking for something new. Water bubblers pipes or glass bubblers are a great choice when looking for something simple and efficient without being too expensive.
What is a Glass Bubbler?
Bubblers are a unique combination of glass pipes and bongs. Each bubbler is crafted from glass and has the best of both worlds regarding smoke quality and smoothness.
It carries none of the bulkiness associated with a bong and can enhance a smoking experience compared to a glass pipe. It utilizes water, which is why it provides a smoother hit.
Moreover, the percolation system helps filter, cleanse and diffuse the smoke created to give you a healthier and smoother hit each time. When you’re not in the mood to add water, you can use it like a regular glass pipe, which gives it a multifunctional use.
A glass bubbler is also more portable, making it ideal to use outside or anywhere you’re planning on going. Glass bubblers are usually designed as one piece with no removable attachments.
Types of Glass Bubblers
There are various types of water bubbler pipes, and when you’re in the process of buying one, you need to know all the types available. Bubblers can not only have different designs but different features as well. Some popular types include:
- Sidecar Bubbler: It has a main body which consists of the bowl, water chamber, and a rush (hole to allow smoke to clear out of the bubbler). The other component consists of the neck and mouthpiece. There is no percolation system, but the unique design prevents any potential splashback
- Hammer Bubbler: Shaped like a hammer or mallet, it has a slanted base which makes the mouthpiece tilt downwards as well. The mouthpiece thus holds the most weight on the contraption. They are highly durable, which makes them a popular choice for traveling.
- Percolator Bubbler: These bubblers have a separate percolator system, which helps filter and cool down the smoke before it reaches you. It is more fragile than other bubblers but gives the best smoking experience.
- Mini-bubbler: These are smaller than regular bubblers and have better portability compared to other bubblers. It can be hard to find, but enable a better experience than a pipe or joint.
- Double Bubbler: These types of bubblers consist of two water chambers. It enables better filtration of smoke and makes the bubbler more stable on a flat surface. It gives an extremely smooth hit.
How To Use A Bubbler For The First Time
Once you have looked through different options for water bubbler pipes, it’s time to get one for yourself. Before it arrives on your doorstep, you need to ensure that you know how to use it for an optimal experience.
The first thing you want to do when using your bubbler is to fill it with water. Depending on whether you can see inside the bubbler or not, you can decide how much water to fill.
If you can’t see inside, try inhaling from the mouthpiece on your bubbler and listen for a bubbling sound. When you hear the bubbling sound and aren’t getting any water in your throat, the amount is perfect.
It would be best to fill your bowl with whatever dry herbs or substances you want to smoke. Be careful that the water doesn’t splash on your bowl and ruin the mixture. Keep the bowl packed so there isn’t any excessive air in it.
After you’ve packed the bowl and filled the bubbler with water, it’s time to light it up. Keep your finger on the rush (hole) when lighting the mixture in the bowl and inhale from the mouthpiece.
Cleaning Your Glass Bubbler
After your smoking session is done, it’s time to clean your bubbler. To begin cleaning your smoking device, you need to first empty the bowl completely of any residue and lingering herbs. Dump out the water in the sink.
You can also use a Q-tip or a cotton pad to clean out the bowl and inside the bubbler after each use. It can ensure that there are no stains from long-term use as well. The better you clean after each session, the less buildup there will be over time, and you won’t have to worry about any discoloration on your bubbler.