Have you recently been involved in a car accident in the State of Florida? The truth of the matter is that the need for transportation in our big cities increases the risk of suffering one of these personal injury accidents. The main issue at hand is knowing how to deal with the aftermath of a car accident. For that reason, we will be talking about how to deal with it the right way.
Auto accidents are perhaps the most common and lethal accidents not only in Florida but in the United States. These incidents can affect drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. Depending on the severity of the collision, victims can suffer severe trauma, injuries in soft tissues, or lose their lives.
Apart from physical damages, car accidents may force people to miss workdays in order to regain their health and so that they can assume the responsibility of paying expensive medical bills. For that reason, the aftermath of auto accidents can be very challenging.
You should know that these incidents also tend to be caused by someone else’s recklessness. By proving that the other parties breached their duty of care of others, you will receive monetary compensation that will alleviate your physical, emotional, and even financial burdens.
It is important for you to be aware that all motor vehicle accidents often lead to a series of legal disputes with all of the parties involved in the incident. Dealing with these issues may indeed be very difficult to confront on your own. This is because the party at-fault may and their representatives may deny their fault in hopes of avoiding taking money out of their own pockets to compensate you.
We understand that if you already find yourself. However, we would like to tell you that there is a solution! By hiring an auto accident lawyer, your rights will be defended by a highly trained professional. A car injury attorney will prove that you were not to blame for the accident and ensure that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to.
Having said that, we would like to invite you to keep reading our article. We will discuss the legal standards of auto accidents in the State of Florida, what to do after suffering one of these incidents, and the benefits of hiring an injury attorney in these circumstances.
What Is Car Accident Law?
Car accident law refers to the mandates that declare who is liable for any damages suffered in an auto accident. These incidents fall under the category of cases based on negligence.
In order to recover damages, victims must prove the basic four elements of negligence. These are:
a). Duty: Individuals must follow traffic laws and drive responsibly.
b). Breach: The plaintiff must present substantial evidence that proves that the defendant breached his/her duty of care.
c). Causation: The victim must prove that his/her injuries were caused in the accident.
d). Harm: The plaintiff is obligated to prove that the accident caused him/her any kind of damage.
Legal Standards of Auto Accidents in the State of Florida
1. Statute of Limitations: This law refers to the time limit people have to file a lawsuit. If car accident victims file their claim after the deadline passes, the court will likely deny the case. In the State of Florida, people are given four years, starting from the date of the accident, to file their lawsuit.
2. Comparative Negligence Law: Florida imposes a “pure comparative fault” regulation. This means that you can still recover damages if you were partially liable for the accident. However, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you are entitled to receive $100,000 but were 30% responsible for the accident, your award will be reduced by 30%. As a result, you will receive $70,000.
3. Florida’s No-Fault Car Insurance Law: This mandate states that you must file a claim under your own personal injury protection coverage in order to achieve compensation for your damages, regardless of who provoked the collision.
Important Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Car Accident
a). Personal injury accidents are unexpected events that can leave people dazed, confused, and in severe pain. However, it is crucial to stay calm and evaluate your current situation.
b). Whether your injuries are severe or mild, it is vital to seek medical attention since some injuries may not be fully felt right after the crash.
c). Do not leave the accident scene and wait for the local authorities to arrive. Provide them with a detailed statement about the incident. It is also important to notate the exact date and time of the collision, as well as the license plates of every party involved in the accident.
d). Make sure you exchange contact information with the other parties. Provide them your name, phone number, and get their own information as well.
e). Since the State of Florida follows a no-fault car insurance law, make sure you report the accident to your insurer in order to start a claim.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer in Florida
1. Auto accident lawyers are experts who fully comprehend state laws. They have been prepared to help people with cases similar to yours. Furthermore, they possess the needed understanding of the legal framework of the laws that must be obeyed when driving behind the wheel of an automobile in hopes of maintaining a code of safety.
2. Despite offering you coverage for your damages, insurance firms may try to save themselves a few dollars. That is why they may offer you an incorrect amount of compensation. An injury attorney will properly calculate your compensation by examining your injuries and verifying how much income you have lost while recovering from these ailments.
3. The most important step towards achieving compensation is to prove that someone else’s lack of care caused the collision. Lawyers can seek evidence such as your medical reports, street camera footage, and eyewitnesses’ testimonies with the purpose of strengthening your accident claim.
4. It is mandatory to file a car accident claim that complies with Florida state laws in hopes of receiving compensation. Attorneys will help you properly file paperwork and understand the legal verbiage within these documents.
Contact a Lawyer Right Now!
This article was brought to you by the best law firm in Florida. By hiring a car injury attorney, you will surely be compensated for your damages. What are you waiting for? Call an accident lawyer right away!