Often referred to as one of the top hill stations in the nation, Munnar has huge tea plantations, hilly terrains, and stunning wildlife and flora that can cause anyone to feel at home in the hill station. There is so much you can do and see in Munnar that a week’s vacation would not be enough.
The ideal time to travel to Munnar is from June through September. If you are a monsoon lover, Munnar is the best destination for your monsoon getaway. Munnar is always the top of the line in Kerala tourism.
It is rated among the top tranquil places to enjoy a relaxing holiday; Munnar is a dream for most Indians. The endless tea plantations that stretch across the fog and the stunning landscapes are an experience of nature. This is why we have put together the most popular destinations you can visit in Munnar on your Kerala trip with thrillophilia.com.
1. Make your own tea at Tata Tea Museum
The museum is situated approximately 12 kilometres from Munnar, located at Nallathanni Estate; Tata Tea Museum is a well-known tourist destination in Munnar.Munnar is the home of an estate that is among the best in the world. Tea Estates. Tata Tea is among the most well-known. Tata Tea is also the second-largest producer and retailer of tea.
It is among the finest tea estates for a memorable experience in Munnar and enjoys amazing views from the spot it is situated.
- The costs for visiting the location are as follows: adults: Rs.75 and Children: 35 rupees. 35 Cameras: Rs.20; Tea Tasting: Rs.10
- The distance from Cochin International Airport: It’s approximately 121-122 km from Cochin International Airport. Cochin International Airport.
- The best time to visit: December through February are the best time to travel.
2. Kolukkumalai Tea Estate:
It is among the most recommended places to visit in Munnar for tea lovers
Do you think you can be without tea? Munnar is the place to be. It’s a place for tea lovers. The tea estate is known as one of the most prestigious tea plants in existence; Kolukkumalai Tea Estate is famous for its various tea flavours.
Tourists can sample the various flavours of tea and purchase fresh tea at the outlets of the factory. You can also enjoy the stunning panorama of Kodaikanal and the sunset from the Kolukkumalai tea estate.
- From the Airport Distance: It’s about 132-133 kilometres from Cochin International Airport. Cochin International Airport.
- The best time to visit is at sunset.
3. Go for a walk at the Pothamedu’s viewpoint
At 6 kilometres away from Munnar, Pothamedu View Point is awash with tea, coffee, cardamom and coffee plantations. Pothamedu is surrounded by mountains and hills that are green. It is the ideal spot for hikers and trekkers to get your adrenaline. One of the most popular spots to go to within Munnar, Pothamedu View Point, is a wonderful spot to unwind or go for a walk.
- From the Airport Distance: It’s about 108-109 kilometres from Cochin International Airport.
- The best time to visit View from this spot during sunset is breathtaking.
4. Enjoy the splendour of Top Station
It is situated at 1300 m above Sea level. Top Station is the highest spot in Munnar. It is situated on the Kannan Devan Hills; the tea valleys are rare in Neelakurinji plant species at Top Station.
- The distance from the airport is approximately 144-145 km from Cochin International Airport. Cochin International Airport.
- The best time to visit Winter is the perfect time to go to the top.
5. Take a hike to Lockhart Gap
One of the most sought-after spots to go to at Munnar for hikers. It is situated 13 km far from Munnar; Lockhart Gap is one of the most well-known tourist spots in Munnar. Lockhart Gap is the perfect place for those who appreciate its lush, green valleys as well as a cool breeze. It is because Lockhart Gap is a part of Munnar the region is also home to large tea estates. Lockhart Gap is also an ideal spot for hiking and mountaineering. It is possible to discover a unique variety of fauna and flora when hiking.
- The distance from Cochin International Airport: It’s approximately 110-111 km from Cochin International Airport. Cochin International Airport.
- The best time to visit The summer months are the ideal time to trek, and the route is fairly easy to follow.