Here’s the quickest and shortest guide to direct you through the step-by-step process of GST registration:
The GST registration process is divided into two parts:-
Part A of the registration process:
Step 1: On the GST website navigate to the services section and click on new registration under the registration tab.
Step2: Fill in the new registration form using the following inputs:
- Select the ‘New Registration’ radio button
- Select ‘Taxpayer’ under the ‘I am a’ dropdown
- Select your state and district from the next two dropdowns
- In the ‘Legal Name of the business’ textbox enter the name of your business
Note: Use the name that is mentioned on the pan card
- In the next section enter the Permanent account number of your business mentioned on the pan card
- Enter your email address and mobile number.
- A unique OTP (One True Pairing) number is sent to your registered email and mobile number.
- Select Proceed
Step3: Enter the OTP received on your email in the email OTP section and the OTP you received on your mobile in the mobile OTP section.
Note: In case you don’t receive the OTP click on resend to trigger a new OTP
Step4: Once you enter the OTP and click on continue you will get a 15 digit Temporary Reference Number. This number is also sent to your email and mobile for future reference.
This TRN number will be essential for filling in part B of the registration process which must be completed within 15 days from the generation of your Temporary reference number.
To fill part B of the registration process you need to go back to the home page of the GST portal, select new registration, click on the Temporary Reference Number radio button, enter your TRN number and captcha code. You will be redirected to a page showing your application from part A of the process. Select on the edit icon.
Part B: This part has the following sections:
- Business details
- Authorized signatory
- Authorized Representative
- Principal Place of Business
- Additional Places of Business
- Goods and Services
- State Specific Information
- Aadhaar Authentication (Non-Mandatory)
Keep the following ready with you before you start filling the part B:
- Bank account details (non-mandatory)
- Proof of place of business
- Verification and aadhaar authentication (Non-mandatory)
- Constitution of the taxpayer
Once you successfully apply the Application Reference Number (ARN) is sent to your email and mobile.
The ARN number is essential because with it you can track the application status of GST registration:
Step1: Go to GST portal and select ‘Track Application Status’ under ‘Services’
Step2: Select ‘Registration’ in the Module drop-down list.
Step3: Enter the ARN
You will be navigated to a detailed status page of your application for GST registration.
If your status shows ‘Approved’ and the registration process is completed you can download the GST certificate:
Step1: Login to your account on the GST portal using your ARN number
Step2: Navigate to ‘View/Download certificate’ under ‘User Services’ in the Services section
Step3: Select Download for the form number for which you want to download the registration certificate.
The GST certificate will be downloaded to your computer or mobile and you can check it from the downloads section.
Originally posted 2021-07-25 15:26:23.
Hello, I am a professional writer and blogger at Adclays.com. I love to explore the latest topics and write on those topics. I spend the maximum of my time on reading and writing interesting topics which provide valuable piece of information to my readers whether it comes to the latest fashion, technology, healthy lifestyle, business information, etc. Explore my writings by visiting the website.