Every Ford vehicle you see on the market has a unique code known as the vehicle identification number (VIN). The code contains important and relevant information about the vehicle, such as the year of production, the manufacturer’s name, the engine type, the model type, and the location of the assembly plant. So, if you’re looking to purchase a new Ford car, it is possible to check the vehicle’s historical record in an online database to ensure that you’re not buying an illegally modified, damaged, or a stolen vehicle.
A vehicle identification number usually comes in a specific format that is globally recognised. Ford F150 vin lookup is essential if you want to avoid purchasing a damaged vehicle and put yourself into trouble. This initiative also lets you get a book sheet for your Ford F1 50.
In this article, we will take a look at everything you need to know about Ford f150 VIN lookup services, where to find your VIN number, and how to look up your vehicle’s historical records with ease.
Where Can You Get Ford f150 VIN Instantly?
You can get the Ford f150 VIN number in the following three locations:
- On the driver’s side door jam
- Under the windshield on the driver’s side
- On the steering column or near the firewall of the vehicle.
Other locations to find the Ford f150 VIN are:
- On your vehicle registration or car title.
- In your vehicle’s maintenance records from your dealer.
What’s In a Ford f150 VIN?
By now, you should already know those car manufacturers assign a unique code to every vehicle that leaves their manufacturing plant. Let’s say the unique code assigned to a Ford f150 is “1FDXF46S12EC58316,” we can decode the historical record of the vehicle using the format below:
- 1 = Country of manufacture (United States)
- F = Manufacturer (Ford)
- D = Vehicle Type (Incomplete Vehicle)
- X = Restraint Type
- F46 = Model (Ford F-Series, F-450, Regular Cab, 2WD)
- S = Engine Type (6.8 SOHC SEFI V10; Gasoline 275HP)
- 1 = Security Code
- 2 = Model Year (2002)
- E = Plant (Kentucky, USA)
- C58316 = Production Sequence
How to Decode Ford f150 VIN Number?
Decoding the Ford f150 VIN number is simple and straightforward. All you need is to follow these instructions:
- Visit the VinPit Official website.
- Enter Ford f150 VIN: You can see the space provided for you to enter your Ford f150 VIN number. Kindly enter the number the way it appears on the vehicle registration papers;
- Search Data: Click on the “search data” button.
- Get Report: Once you submit your request, allow at least 30 seconds to get the Ford f150 VIN decoder report.
The results you will get from the VIN lookup will capture the following information about the vehicle:
- Maintenance and safety recalls;
- A record of theft;
- The previous country where the vehicle was registered;
- Past photos;
- Mileage accuracy;
- Damage report;
- Maintenance records;
- Other necessary information.
How to Lookup Ford f150 Parts and Accessories by VIN?
You can easily lookup your Ford f150 parts and accessories using the VinPit Ford VIN decoder service. When you get on the VinPit website, simply provide your Ford VIN and hit the search button. You will see the matching accessories and parts of your Ford vehicle in real-time. Once you see the matching parts, you can then place an order for the supplier to ship the parts to your location.
One of the best ways to avoid making a mistake when you’re looking to purchase a second-hand vehicle is to run a VIN decoder lookup to know the historical record of the vehicle. Whether you are looking to purchase a vehicle from a friend or a car dealer, it is important that you carry out a VIN decoder lookup to uncover the true state of the vehicle so that you know the condition of the vehicle you intend to purchase.
Additionally, a VIN decoder lookup will also help you determine the market cost of the vehicle you intend to purchase. When you know the market cost of a very good intent to purchase, you can save some bucks from the deal. Moreover, whenever the vehicle is stolen, you can give security agencies your VIN number for possible tracking of the vehicle.