Smart under-cabinet lighting is one of the most popular lighting applications available nowadays. As the name suggests, this type of lighting refers to light fixtures usually installed beneath kitchen cabinets to provide direct illumination to the space below.
Smart under-cabinet lighting has several advantages. For instance, these concealed fixtures are low-profile, avoiding clashing with your modern home texture while enhancing the aesthetic appeal. They are also very energy efficient and versatile.
This article explores the installation tips for these lighting solutions and lists product recommendations for your convenience.
Smart Under Cabinet Lighting Installation Tips
Installation methods vary depending on the types of smart under-cabinet lighting. The most common types/installation methods include the following:
- Plug-In Installation
These lighting solutions are the easiest to install. They come with a power cord that you can connect to a socket. The plug accessories required for the setup are also typically included in the package.
- Tape Lighting Installation
Using a tape smart under cabinet lighting is an excellent way to bring a modern flair and style to your home. Tape lights typically come in frosted or clear glass, and you can buy them in a wide range of shapes, styles, and colors.
- Direct Wire Installation
Direct wire setup typically includes all the components needed in the light’s operation inside the unit. You can create the connection by simply hanging the cupboards where you bring the cables directly through the back lip of your cabinet. The light fixtures need a separate power point to operate. You should connect one fixture to another rather than wiring each fixture by itself, which is for facilitating the setup process.
Here are some guidelines you should consider following:
- Prior to the renovation of water and electricity, you should tell the designer your requirement for smart under cabinet lights. They will consider the location of the lights and prepare the cords for the light. In this way, the cords can be hidden to avoid some unkempt images later.
- Before you get started, read the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Turn off your power source at the circuit box before proceeding.
- Don’t overload an outlet.
- Avoid water.
- Always use the recommended wattage lights in fixtures.
Whether you are replacing old fixtures or installing a new lighting system to illuminate the space under your cabinets, there are numerous options available. For the best energy efficiency, aesthetic appeal, and value, here are the top 3 indoor LED lights you can choose:
The smart under-cabinet light is a popular under-cabinet lighting solution due to its many key features. Particularly suitable for kitchen use, it is equipped with the following features:
- Rechargeable with a long standby time
- Glare-free edge-lit lighting technology
- Unique low-profile housing design
- PIR motion sensor with auto turn on/off capability
- Magnetic design for easy installation
- Type C connector
- Smart button
A08 is another top offering from LEDIA. It features an elegant design, energy-saving technology, and many smart functions for added convenience. It is particularly suitable for various places due to its compact size. Its key features include the following:
- Low-profile housing for easy installation and removal
- Type C connector for universal operation
- PIR motion and Hand-waving sensor for automatically turning on/off. Contactless devices are what modern people will desire not only for their convenience but for the sense of a “cyberpunk.”
- Rechargeable, long-lasting battery
- Magnetic design; hence, no screws are required for installation
The 24v lights offer various colors as you require. It has many smart features and a wide range of applications. It is particularly suitable in wardrobes and exhibit areas. This cabinet light with a sensor offers the following features:
- Glare-free soft lighting
- Edge-lit with reliable aluminum housing for long-term use
- Anti-mistake charge adapter
- Hand-waving sensor for multi-application scenarios
- Type C connector
- Smart button for color change or mode switch
Thanks to the various benefits and increasing demand for smart under-cabinet lighting, more and more products are being introduced in the under-cabinet lighting category. However, choosing a reliable indoor LED light supplier ensures the best experience. LEDIA is one brand you can rely on for all your under-cabinet lighting needs.
Established in 2004, LEDIA is one of the premier smart LED light companies in China. The experienced company offers comprehensive LED light solutions for both indoor and outdoor use. Over the years, it has built a solid reputation as a leading LED linear light company thanks to its large production capacity, R&D system, advanced quality testing, and innovation.
Get in touch with the company if you need assistance with product selection, lighting scheme design, or pricing.