It’s getting hot outside and you know what that means – your air conditioner is about to get a workout. But before you crank up the AC, there are a few things you should check to make sure it’s in good working order. Here are 8 signs that your AC is about to break and you need to schedule AC repair in Edina, MN:
- Your AC isn’t cooling your home as well as it used to: This is one of the most common signs that your AC unit is on its way out. If you notice that your home isn’t cooling as efficiently as it used to, it’s time to call in a professional for AC repair.
- Your energy bills are through the roof: If you’ve noticed a sudden spike in your energy bills, it could be due to your AC unit working overtime to cool your home. This is a sure sign that something is wrong with your AC and it needs to be repaired.
- You hear strange noises coming from your AC unit: These noises could be anything from clicking or banging to squealing or grinding. If you hear any type of unusual noise coming from your AC unit, it’s time to call for AC repair.
- Your AC unit is leaking water: If you notice water leaking from your AC unit, this is a sure sign that something is wrong. It could be a sign of a cracked condenser coil or a clogged drain line.
- Your home has hot spots: If you notice that certain areas of your home are hotter than others, it could be due to your AC unit not cooling evenly. This is another sign that you need AC repair.
- Your AC unit is frozen: If you notice that your AC unit is covered in ice or frost, this is a sign that it’s not working properly. It could be a sign of low refrigerant levels or a problem with the condenser coil.
- The air coming from your AC unit smells bad: If the air coming from your AC unit smells musty or mildew, it’s a sign that the unit is dirty and needs to be cleaned.
- Your AC unit is more than 10 years old: Even if your AC unit isn’t showing any of the above signs, it’s still a good idea to have it checked out by a professional if it’s more than 10 years old.
If you notice any of the above signs, it’s time to call in a professional for AC repair in Edina, MN. Air conditioning units are complex pieces of machinery and should only be repaired by a trained professional.
How Do You Know That AC Is Beyond Repair?
There are a few key indicators that your air conditioner is beyond repair and needs to be replaced. If your unit is more than 15 years old, it might be time for an upgrade. Other signs that you need new AC installation in Edina, MN include:
- Your energy bills have skyrocketed
- Your unit needs frequent repairs
- Your unit isn’t cooling your home as well as it used to
- Your unit is making strange noises
- Your unit is leaking water
It is challenging to determine when your unit needs to be replaced because there are so many factors at play. However, if you notice any of the signs listed above, it is time to start researching new units. The cost of a new unit will depend on the size of your home, the type of unit you need, and the features you want. However, the upfront cost is worth it because you will save money on your energy bills in the long run.
If you are unsure about whether or not your unit needs to be replaced, you can always call a professional. They will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action. However, if you decide to replace your unit, make sure to do your research and find a reputable company to install your new AC.
Do you think your air conditioner is on its last legs? Contact Blue Yeti Services today for AC repair in Edina, MN! We will be able to help you determine whether or not you need a new unit and if so, we can help you find the perfect one for your home. Give us a call today at 952-222-8202 to get started!