In today’s age of mobile technology, effective mobile game development serves a great purpose. From young children to elderly people, everyone uses smartphones or tablets. We all love to play games, whether it’s an outdated snake game or the latest version of Pokémon Go. When it comes to games, everyone has preferences.
For a mobile game development agency, building a game app is a huge market opportunity from a potential revenue point of view. Here are some statistics that can give you a clear idea of how big the mobile gaming market is:
– More than 60% of smartphone users install games within the first week of purchasing their phones
– On average, the mobile phone user spends 23 minutes playing mobile games
– According to a study of the global market, in 2016 the growth of mobile game development was more than 86,000 million dollars
– There are nearly 2 billion gamers around the world
Even though mobile game development brings huge opportunities for startups and businesses, building a successful mobile game can be a daunting task. To create an engaging game, there are certain steps to take, starting with studying your target audience. To help you develop a successful mobile game, here are some easy but extremely useful tips that will give you a clear idea of what you should and should not do. We are going to explore.
1- Create a captivating idea
One of the most complex steps for your mobile game to be successful is to create an idea. The idea must be attractive and have the potential to attract a wide range of users. It is not necessary to have a unique idea, you can also improvise with an existing one. Before finalizing the idea of your game, you should be clear about some points:
– What kind of game will you create? It can be a sports game, a puzzle game, or an educational game.
– Will the game be standalone or part of a series?
– What market are you targeting and what is your audience?
Regardless of what the idea of the game is, it should be interesting enough to engage as many players as possible.
2- Let your game tell a story
Players love to know what the story of the game is. Not only will it fascinate them, but it will also keep them hooked. You must have a story that you can tell your audience. That gives them a purpose and motivation to play and complete the title. To create an amazing story, simply bring the characters together and answer these simple questions:
– Who is the hero and who is the villain of the game?
– What will be the parameters for victory?
– How will you surprise players while they are completing a level?
– What will be the most fun part of your game?
3- Finalize the concept and identify the key platforms
Once you’ve completed your idea and story, it’s time to work on the game concept. Concept development is about deciding the key factors of your game, such as:
– What will be the rules of the game?
– How does your game look and sound?
– How will the characters fight each other?
Once these factors are defined and finalized, begin to identify the platform on which you want to develop your app, be it iOS, Android or Windows. The main dilemma is usually between iOS and Android. Although you can opt for the hybrid model, keep in mind that this will take more time, effort and resources. You can choose the platform based on your target audience and taking into account which one will provide you with the most profitable players. Only if you discover that your target is present on several platforms, it is recommended that you opt for more than one operating system.
4- Create an impressive design
Compared to creating a simple app design, creating a game design is more difficult. There are many factors to consider when crafting a unique design for your mobile game, such as appearance, game environment, item animations, characters, and final appearance. There are endless possibilities in game design, but it’s best to go for one that is easy for mobile app developers to build and easy for your users to understand.
5- Implement monetization strategies
In addition to being attractive, your game should also be profitable. It is necessary to plan in advance how you are going to monetize your game before sending it to development. These are some formulas that you can embrace to implement your monetization strategy:
– In-app purchases. It is the most common monetization model for mobile games. The freemium model is proven to be an effective way to earn money from users. You can request a subscription or provide virtual currency in the game to unlock advanced levels.
– In-app ads – You can also combine ads with in-app purchases. But make sure the ads shown to players in the game are relevant and not annoying, otherwise you may lose loyal users. Therefore, choose your monetization strategy wisely, always keeping the user experience in mind.
– Premium Version – You can request payments from players after offering them a free trial or demo. You can also engage them and then ask them to buy credits for later use. Another way is to request payment directly at the beginning, but this may affect your purchases.
6- Maintenance and support
Once you’ve finished with the design and monetization strategies and launched your app, it’s time to maintain its performance. You should try to improve the players experience with each update. You can release a game update every 2-4 weeks.
Given that the global market generates more than 100 billion dollars, it is not surprising that many mobile application development companies are trying to explore the game business. But uploading the app to the app stores is not enough. The techniques mentioned above can help you get started with mobile game development and provide your target audience with an engaging and addictive game. Happy playing!