Window design has come a long way in recent years. If you’re looking to give your home a fresh, modern look, consider investing in some new windows. In this blog post, we will discuss 5 of the latest window design trends. Whether you’re renovating your entire home or just want to update a few rooms, these window designs will help you achieve the look you desire!
#1: Large Windows
These windows are one of the most popular modern window style trends. They allow for plenty of natural light to enter your home, making it brighter and more inviting. If you’re looking for an airy feel in your home, large windows are a perfect choice.
Types of Large Windows
- Sliding Windows: Sliding windows are a great choice for those looking to maximize their view. These window styles open and close by sliding, so they take up less space than other types of windows.
- Casement Windows: Casement windows are a great choice if you want to bring more light into your home. They open outward, allowing for maximum ventilation and sunlight.
- Awning Windows: Awning windows are perfect for smaller spaces. They open outward like casement windows, but they provide a small overhang at the top to protect against rain and UV rays.
#2: Patterned Glass
These glass windows are becoming increasingly popular in window design trends. This type of glass comes with a variety of patterns and designs that can add a unique, modern look to your home. Not only does it provide privacy, but it also adds visual interest to any space.
Types of Patterned Glass
- Rain Glass: Rain glass has a subtle pattern that mimics the look of raindrops on a window. It provides an elegant, soft look to any window.
- Starburst Glass: Starburst glass has a unique design that looks like tiny stars radiating from the center of the window. It can add a modern look to any space.
- Stained Glass: Stained glass has been around for centuries and is still popular today. These windows come in a variety of colors and designs that can make your home look unique and inviting.
#3: Double-Hung Windows
These window designs are great for those looking to bring in more natural light or create a modern look. Double-hung windows have two sashes that can open independently, allowing for maximum ventilation and sunlight.
Types of Double-Hung Windows
- Tilt Turn Windows: These windows have a tilt-in feature, which allows you to open them from the top or bottom. It’s a great choice if you want to increase ventilation without sacrificing privacy.
- Tilt and Slide Windows: These windows are similar to tilt-turn windows, but they open in a sliding motion instead of tilting inward.
- Fixed Pane Windows: Fixed pane windows are an excellent choice if you want to maximize your view. They don’t open, so they provide an unobstructed view of the outside world.
#4: Bay Windows
These windows are a great choice if you want to add more light and space to your home. These windows feature three glass panels that project outward, creating a cozy nook in any room. They can also be used to create an extra seating area in your living or dining room.
Types of Bay Windows
- Fixed Bay Windows: Fixed bay windows are an excellent choice if you want to maximize your view and bring in natural light.
- Casement Bay Windows: These windows open outward, like casement windows, so they allow for maximum ventilation and sunlight.
This window is a great way to add a modern touch to any room in your home. They provide a unique source of natural light and can help make rooms look larger and brighter.
Types of Skylights
- Dome Skylights: These skylights are the most popular type of skylight. They feature a curved design that helps reflect light into the room below.
- Tubular Skylights: Tubular skylights are small and usually round in shape. They provide a more focused amount of light than dome skylights.
- Solar Tube Skylights: These skylights feature solar panels that help absorb sunlight during the day, allowing for maximum illumination throughout the day.
Words from roofing experts at Mighty Dog Roofing in Plano, Texas says: “Adding a skylight or roof window to your home can make the difference you are looking for to brighten your interior from the exterior”. That is why these modern window design tips are your initial step in making that big decision to upgrade or refresh your home’s window design to add style and function to your home.
Whether you’re looking for windows that open outward, patterned glass windows, bay windows, or skylights – there are plenty of options available to help you create the perfect look for your home. So take some time to consider all your options and pick the perfect window design for your home!