An AC tune-up is a process of checking and servicing all the components of your air conditioner to ensure that it is operating efficiently. This includes inspecting the evaporator coil, condenser coil, blower motor, and other parts of the unit. The goal is to make sure that everything is clean and free of debris so that your AC can operate at peak efficiency.
AC tune-ups are important because they can help to extend the life of your air conditioner and improve its efficiency. A well-maintained AC unit will not only last longer but will also use less energy, which can save you money on your energy bills.
When Should You Schedule an AC Tune-Up?
Most experts recommend scheduling an AC tune-up in Cartersville, GA at least once a year, preferably in the spring before the start of the summer cooling season. This will ensure that your unit is ready to go when you need it and that it is operating at peak efficiency.
What Are The Dos And Don’ts Of AC Tune-Up?
There are a few things you should do to prepare for your AC tune-up:
- Clear any debris or obstructions from around the outdoor unit. This includes trimming back any plants or bushes that might be blocking the airflow.
- Make sure all the vents in your home are open and unobstructed.
- Keep the area around your indoor unit clean and free of clutter.
There are also a few things you should avoid doing during an AC tune-up:
- Don’t try to clean the coils or other parts of the unit yourself. This should be done by a professional.
- Don’t open up the indoor unit or any of the electrical panels. This can be very dangerous and should only be done by a trained technician.
- Don’t run the AC unit if it is making strange noises or smells. This could be a sign of a serious problem and the unit should be turned off immediately.
What Are The Benefits Of AC Tune-Up?
There are several benefits to having an AC tune-up, including:
- Improved efficiency – A well-maintained AC unit will operate more efficiently, using less energy and saving you money on your energy bills.
- Extended life – Proper maintenance can help to extend the life of your AC unit, making it last longer before needing to be replaced.
- Better performance – A tune-up can help to improve the overall performance of your air conditioner, making it work better and keeping your home more comfortable.
- Fewer repairs – By catching problems early, a tune-up can help to avoid more serious and expensive repairs down the road.
- Improved indoor air quality – A clean AC unit will circulate cleaner air throughout your home, improving the indoor air quality and making it healthier for you and your family.
The cost of an AC tune-up will vary depending on the size of your unit and the complexity of the job. However, most tune-ups will fall in the range of $100-$200. This is a small price to pay for the many benefits that a tune-up can provide.
What Are The Steps Involved In An AC Tune-Up?
The exact steps involved in an AC tune-up will vary depending on the type of unit you have and the company you use. However, most tune-ups will include the following steps:
- Checking the refrigerant level – The technician will check the level of refrigerant in your unit and add more if needed.
- Cleaning the coils – The evaporator and condenser coils will be cleaned to remove any dirt or debris.
- Lubricating the moving parts – All the moving parts of your AC unit will be lubricated to keep them running smoothly.
- Checking the electrical components – The technician will check all the electrical components of your unit to make sure they are working properly.
- Inspecting the ductwork – The technician will inspect your home’s ductwork to make sure there are no leaks or other problems.
- Testing the unit – The AC unit will be tested to ensure it is operating correctly.
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today!
Don’t wait until your air conditioner breaks down to have it serviced. Schedule an AC tune-up today and enjoy the many benefits it can provide. A well-maintained AC unit will last longer, work better, and save you money on your energy bills. So don’t delay, call a local HVAC company like South Air Inc. today and schedule your AC tune-up or AC installation in Cartersville, GA now! Contact South Air Inc. at 678-721-6992 for more information.