Applying eyelash extensions at home can be tricky, but with the right tools, techniques, and tips, you can achieve a beautiful and natural-looking result. From selecting the best at-home eyelash extensions and adhesives to following the proper application techniques, many vital steps go into achieving a successful outcome. With the right information, you can create a beautiful set of long-lasting eyelash extensions at home and make it a fun, relaxing, and affordable process.
In this guide, you’ll learn the basics of eyelash extensions, tips for selecting the right type and adhesive, and step-by-step instructions on how to apply eyelash extensions safely and effectively. With the help of these tips, you can create a beautiful set of eyelash extensions in the comfort of your own home.
Here are 4 tips for applying lash extensions at home for an easy and enjoyable process.
Table of Contents
Choose the Right Lash Extension and Adhesive
Choosing the right lash extensions and adhesives can be a daunting task. There are so many different types of lash extensions and adhesives available on the market, and it can take time to decide which one to pick. With such, several materials are available, and these are natural, faux, synthetic, and silk. Each material has unique characteristics, so you should consider which suits your lifestyle best.
For example, if you are looking for a more natural look, choose a real mink or faux mink, as these materials create a softer and more natural-looking appearance. If you are looking for a dramatic look, consider synthetic or silk lash extensions since these materials make a longer and more dramatic look. Next, you will need to decide which adhesive is best for you. Most lash extensions come with a special glue that holds the lash extensions.
The type of adhesive you choose determines your time to devote to upkeep. We recommend a professional-graduate adhesive if you want a more permanent bonding solution. These adhesives are formulated to last at least six weeks and require less maintenance than other types. On the other hand, if you’re not looking for something quite so long-lasting, a more temporary adhesive might be the better choice.
Prepare Your Eyelash Area
Before applying lash extensions, proper preparation is vital to ensure the lashes and adhesive stick to the natural lashes and eyelids. If you want a quality outcome, follow the following cleansing steps.
- It’s essential to begin by cleansing the eyelid and eyelash line with a lash bath kit, to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup residue and ensure a clean, sterile surface for the lash extensions.
- After cleansing, trim your lashes to the desired size, then use a facial steamer to open the pores and soften the lashes. It helps make the natural lashes more pliable and makes it easier to fix the extensions.
- Then place a small, thin strip of silicone eye pad along the lower lash line to protect the lower lashes from any adhesive that might seep down.
By undertaking these steps, you’re good to go.
Apply the Lash Extensions Correctly
This is the most sensitive part of fixing lash extensions since it determines whether your lash extensions will look glamorous or horrid. You don’t want an unalluring look after applying the lashes. Here is a step-by-step process to apply your strip lashes correctly at home.
- Since you’ve already cleaned the whole eyelash area, apply a thin line of lash adhesive along the base of the lash extension.
- Press the lash extension onto the natural lash, starting at the base, and continue applying the strip lashes until you have achieved the desired look.
- Once all the lash extensions are applied, allow them to dry for at least one minute, depending on the adhesive you’re using.
- Gently brush the extensions with a spoolie brush to ensure they are all adhered correctly.
- Seal the lash extensions with a sealant or a setting spray to help them last longer.
- Apply mascara if desired, but use a water-based mascara to avoid damaging the extensions.
- Reapply the sealant or setting spray every 3-4 days to ensure the extensions stay in place.
- Finally, gently clean the lashes every few days with an oil-free cleanser to keep them looking fresh.
Take Care of the Lash Extensions
After applying your lash extensions, it’s imperative to take proper care of them to ensure their longevity and prevent damage. Given that you are fixing the extensions at home, you don’t want the lashes falling when you confidently face the world. Here are tips to help you care for your lash extensions and acquire the best at-home eyelash extensions.
- The first tip is to avoid touching your eyelash extensions as much as possible. By doing so, they won’t come loose.
- Always use oil-free makeup removers and cleansers to avoid breaking down the adhesive. But then again, this depends on the adhesive quality.
- If you love swimming, saunas, and steam rooms, please avoid these, as the heat and humidity can cause the lash extensions to come loose.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling on the extensions.
- Gently brush the extensions with a spoolie brush daily to keep them neat.
- Don’t use waterproof mascara or any type of coating on the extensions since it may cause them to break.
- Fill the lashes with adhesive every 2-3 weeks to keep them looking full and fresh and use a lash sealant to help protect the extensions and lock in moisture.
- Lastly, it will sound obvious but avoid sleeping on your face to prevent the extensions from becoming tangled and matted.
Hello, I am a professional writer and blogger at Adclays.com. I love to explore the latest topics and write on those topics. I spend the maximum of my time on reading and writing interesting topics which provide valuable piece of information to my readers whether it comes to the latest fashion, technology, healthy lifestyle, business information, etc. Explore my writings by visiting the website.