If you are planning to buy a new bed, you may be wondering which is better – Twin XL or Queen? If you’re indecisive and want to get a perfect size, read on to learn how to make the right decision. But before you decide which size is best for you, measure your room first. Measure the area around your current bed and make sure it will fit in your new bed. It’s easy to get caught up in a moment of impulsive shopping, so make sure you know where it’ll go.
Table of Contents
XL vs Queen
The main difference between a Queen and a Twin XL mattress is in length. A Queen mattress is 60 inches long, while a Twin XL is only 38 inches long. A Queen is usually better for a master bedroom. The Queen will cost more but is more convenient for a child’s room or a dorm. The Twin is cheaper than the queen. So, which size mattress is right for you?
Both of these sizes are equally comfortable, but each has its pros and cons. In terms of size, a Twin XL is less expensive than a Queen. However, you’ll need to pay attention to accessories and the mattress protector if you choose a Queen size. If you’re a single sleeper, you might want to go with a twin bed.
|Parameters||Queen Mattress||TwinXL Mattress|
|Length||80 inches||75 inches|
|Width||60 inches||38 inches|
|Recommended room size||10 feet by 10 feet||7 feet by 10 feet|
Is usually a mattress that is popularly loved and associated with most Americans, It is 80 inches long and 60 inches wide making it equally viable for both couples and individuals. Queen bedrooms are ideal for both guest bedrooms and small bedrooms with limited space.
The Queen-Size Bed has the following advantages:
- Flexibility: They are ideal for individual sleepers who prefer to sleep over a sprawled space with their pets.
- Couples: Ideal for a couple and also don’t make the individual sleeper cramped.
- Comfort: The Larger surface area of the queen mattress makes it extremely comfortable to sleep or relax and lie down
- Popularity: The mattress are immensely popular and are liked by a large population of Americans
- These beds being bigger would only settle in a room that is smaller than 10 square feet
- They are usually costlier than an XL mattress or any other smaller mattress
Twin XL Mattress,
Generally speaking, a twin XL is narrower than a queen bed, which makes it a better fit for smaller people. Twin XL beds are also better for smaller children who’ve outgrown their cribs. And because they’re narrower than a queen bed, they’re great for those with shorter legs. The twin XL mattress also offers more legroom, which can be important if you’re tall or have long legs.
- These are ideal beds for growing teenagers.
- Ideal for college rooms and dorms
- Since these mattresses are bigger they might be difficult to move around
- Despite their similarities, the biggest advantage of the Twin XL is its smaller price tag. It can cost less than three hundred dollars if you buy the cheapest full. The most expensive full mattress can run you up to $399, and a luxurious one might even cost more. Twin XL beds are more affordable and can be pushed together to create a king-sized bed. So, they’re a good choice if you’re on a budget, but the quality and materials used are not comparable.
- They have smaller widths making them difficult for a couple of plus-sized individuals.
What Should You Choose?
If you have a small room or a limited budget, a twin XL bed is an affordable option for a family. It provides additional sleeping space without compromising floor space. It is also sturdy and durable, which is ideal if your kids share the same room. Another benefit is the extra space it provides – the additional length means more leg room. A twin XL over queen triple bunk bed is a good choice for a guest bedroom, vacation home, or hostel.
But if you have a bigger bedroom and would want to sleep with your partner while giving them proper space that is when you would choose a Queen bed, These beds offer proper individual space for couples, and also if you are an individual sleeper with pets you would get enough space to sustain the same. These beds are also immensely popular and also are owned by a lot of people for comfort and sustainability,
Finally while concluding it can be easily said that comparing both the twin XL and queen mattresses both have their own set of advantages and disadvantages and you must do your research before choosing and investing in the right mattress.
Hello, I am a professional writer and blogger at Adclays.com. I love to explore the latest topics and write on those topics. I spend the maximum of my time on reading and writing interesting topics which provide valuable piece of information to my readers whether it comes to the latest fashion, technology, healthy lifestyle, business information, etc. Explore my writings by visiting the website.