Many successful Hosts in the short-term rental business own multiple properties and want to promote them on Airbnb. However, managing multiple listings can be a daunting task. What are the challenges of managing multiple accounts? What are the solutions for this? Let’s talk about it!
Why Managing Multiple Airbnb Accounts and Listings Can Be Difficult
Managing multiple properties on Airbnb is difficult because duplicate accounts are not allowed on the platform. Airbnb enforces this policy closely by looking for similarities in the Host’s IP address or contacts. It is done so that Hosts do not increase the ad’s visibility on the site by duplicating accounts and ads.
There is also no way to transfer ads or information from one account to another automatically. To do this, you must manually edit one of them and deactivate the other. It can take a lot of time, which is not always convenient.
However, in some cases, managing multiple accounts can be helpful or even necessary. Namely:
- Your properties are located in different locations. It will make it possible to create a unique address for each of them and an individual guide.
- You work for an Airbnb business management company. In this case, your team’s work will be more efficient and better organized.
- You rent out property but use Airbnb frequently as a guest. In this case, you will need two accounts: as a guest and as a Host.
If you fall into one of these categories of users, you will find helpful tips on how to find a solution for creating multiple Airbnb accounts.
How to improve the efficiency of account management
If you own multiple vacation rental properties, several solutions help you manage your business more effectively.
Using only one account
Sometimes, you can get by with one account to manage several properties. Airbnb does not limit the number of listings per account so you can add each listing as a separate one. For example, if you rent rooms in your house, each has its own set of amenities and prices. Or if you have several houses for rent located close to each other.
This method only makes sense if your properties are located in the same area since a lot of the information is specified at the account level and not an individual listing.
For example, a guide where the Host can point out interesting places nearby and share personal impressions of local attractions and tourist spots.
Using special software
Automate the daily tasks of managing a rental business. The software provides several tools and features to help you increase your productivity and improve your Airbnb host rankings. Such services are provided by various online platforms (for example, HostyApp – https://www.hostyapp.com/airbnb-listing-management).
Here are some of the main features that such software provides:
- Filters to help you sort ads created on different accounts.
- Individual booking calendars for each property with a built-in messenger for effective client communication.
- Auto replies. Instant answers to popular questions will help you communicate with guests and get a good rating.
- Auto reviews. Airbnb algorithms consider the feedback left by your guests and your reviews about them. The program will send feedback to your customers sometime after they leave.
- Autopricing. With this tool, you can easily set up a flexible individual price for each listing.
Listing automation will save you time and allow your business to overgrow.
Hire an Airbnb Property Management Company
If you don’t want to deal with account management, you can delegate this task to an Airbnb management agency. Then all routine tasks will be performed by a team of professionals: they will communicate with guests, control the quality of services provided, deal with logistics issues, and perform other routine tasks.
It has advantages: cooperating with experienced specialists will quickly increase your rating and income.
However, the services of highly qualified specialists can be pretty expensive, so you should calculate whether it will benefit you.
Using Airbnb’s Reverse Hiding Features
Where previously, Hosts with multiple properties were forced to edit all listings individually, now there are features for co-posting and editing multiple listings.
Now in one account you can sort ads and select those that can be edited. You can make changes to the following settings:
- Price (you can add a discount for specific dates or long stays).
- List of amenities provided.
- Booking rules.
- Additional payments (taxes and fees, security deposit).
- Free dates.
- Arrival methods.
More recently, changing the rules for staying in the house and canceling reservations has also become possible.
Managing multiple properties for short-term rentals is not easy, but several solutions can help you with this nonetheless. You can choose the appropriate option from this article’s suggestion or find your own way. But remember the importance of following Airbnb’s policies. Then your business will bring you a stable income.