A good, sturdy roof is what lets you sleep in peace at night, even if there happens to be a chaotic rainstorm raging outside. That’s the kind of trust you should be able to place on your roof’s ability to protect your house and the people inside. But the hard truth is that even though your roof was great at its job a few years ago, with time, it takes on damage, and it’s up to you to check on its health when it does. But when do you need to contact a service that takes on leaking roof repairs in Sydney (or any other kind of damage)? And how exactly can they help?
Signs that might mean it’s time to get your roof checked
- Your roof has been doing its job for way too long: Let’s start with the most obvious sign. If your roof is old, it is likely that it has seen some damage and needs checking. Keep in mind that different roofing materials have different lifespans, but if you feel like it’s time for a check, then definitely trust your gut on that.
- Your shingles give you a sign: If you notice that your roof has missing or damaged shingles, it’s probably time to call a professional to get your roof checked. Also, make sure to check if your gutters have a sand-like black material in them. These are likely shingle granules formed as a result of wearing out of your roof’s shingles. Another sign you should look out for is any wet and dark shingles on your roof.
- Your roof is sagging in places: This is a sure sign to contact a professional to check your roof since a sagging roof might mean your attic’s structure has something wrong with it.
- Something’s wrong in your attic: While an attic is uncommon in Australian homes, if your home does have one, check if you can see any water damage on its ceilings and walls. If you notice any water collecting on the attic floor, it’s time to call a service that deals with services regarding leaking roof repairs in Sydney.
- Moss and algae growth on your roof: If you see any moss or algae growing on the roofing, it may have damaged the roofing material and may also soon be leading to leaks.
- A spike in your energy bill: If your energy bills’ totals are higher than they’ve been before, it could be that damage in your roof is the air inside to leave and outside air to enter. The damage will deter the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems, so it’s best to address this issue as soon as possible.
How can a roof repair service help?
Hiring a professional roof repair service will save you a lot of time when identifying the source of the problem and finding the most efficient solution for it. A complete roof replacement happens to be a lot more expensive than a roof repair or restoration job, and the roof repair service can help you determine if restoration will do the job of patching up your roof or if you need to replace your roof. Most importantly, having professionals assessing your roof’s condition and keeping you updated on the repair status will keep you assured that your roof is in good hands.