Imagine you are working on an important .txt document on your computer or laptop, and it crashes unknowingly. Perhaps there was a power issue, a human error, or the computer froze. Furthermore, the operating system could have malfunctioned too.
It is possible anyone of the above-mentioned scenarios is your reality. Now you constantly search how to recover notepad files unsaved from Windows 10/11. Fortunately, here are the answers you want. We present a well-researched guide with easy steps so you can learn how to recover deleted notepad files like a computer professional.
Part 1: How to Recover Unsaved Notepad File on Windows 10/11?
- Locate the search button on Windows to recover notepad files. Type %AppData% and press enter.
- Search for notepad files with .txt format. You can recover the unsaved notepad files from the resultant command window.
Bonus Tip: How to use Notepad ++ Files?
Notepad is a very easy-to-follow software that helps you create text-format files. Notepad++ offers a similar service but has more powerful features. The upgrade Notepad ++ offers a backup feature where you can easily locate unsaved files after accidental deletion. Here is how to activate the backup feature:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Preferences and Back up.
- Check the “Enable session snapshot and periodic recovery.”
How to turn on Notepad++ recovery?
Step 1: Visit the pathwayC:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\backup.
Step 2: Locate the files using the .txt format search. Restore the Notepad++ files to another location for safekeeping.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Notepad File on Windows 10/11 with Tenorshare 4DDiG?
Tenorshare 4DDiG is an excellent and reliable platform to recover notepad files on windows 10 and 11. The results are credible and well-proven, thanks to millions of worldwide customers. Furthermore, Tenorshare 4DDiG also works on Windows 8.1, 8 and 7. For a successful installation, the user must have NTFS, exFAT, and FAT16/FAT32 file systems. Now that you know its requirements, let’s learn about its features that contribute greatly to its popularity.
- Tenorshare 4DDiG will recover files of all formats from laptops and personal computers. Furthermore, the software also works on USB, internal and external devices, and SD cards.
- Tenorshare 4DDiG works with more than a thousand file types, such as photos, documents, videos, and audio.
- Tenorshare 4DDiG will recover files caused by unintentional deletion, lost partition, viruses, system crashes, and data corruption
Step 1: Select a location
After launching the software, the user is greeted with a windows data recovery to recover notepad files. The menu offers features such as Data Recovery and other advanced options. Select the hard drive with the notepad files. You can also use the drop-down menu on the top right to filter the files according to the format.
Step 2: Select Files to Scan
Tenorshare 4DDiG will examine the files and search for corrupted data. However, users can manually stop the search if they know the pathway. Furthermore, the individual can filter the files according to documents and email. Tenorshare 4DDiG offers an extensive filtration selection.
Step 3: Preview and Recover Files
The user will click the “Repair” button after they have selected the files that need notepad recovery. After successful operations, you can save the file to a personalized location. However, please do not save the files at the same place where they were initially corrupted.
Part 3: Points to Keep in Mind to Avoid Notepad File Loss
- Fortunately, the approach to recovering notepad files from unintentional deletion is very straightforward. We encourage the user to constantly save the files after regular intervals to protect their integrity.
- The individual can manually save from the menu or use Ctrl + S to save every few seconds.
- Moreover, Notepad also offers a Notepad AutoSave program. The feature eliminates the need to learn how to recover deleted notepad files. Moreover, the saves take place automatically, ensuring the data is saved upon accidentally closing Notepad.
- After the initial format is created, the user can save a backup file at a different location. However, the backup file must be regularly updated too.
The Bottom Line
It is clear from the discussion above that notepad files get damaged from an accident or unintentional program closing. However, thanks to Tenorshare 4DDiG, it is possible to recover notepad files. You can download the trial version for free to familiarize yourself with the features. Moreover, the paid/complete version is available for purchase here.
Tenorshare 4DDiG Back-to-School Sales 2022
Tenorshare 4DDiG is celebrating back to school session with an amazing sale from September 7th to October 10th. Here are its categories:
Flip for 100%
The user will flip a card seven days a week, from Monday or Sunday. The guaranteed prices include 3 $100 Amazon Gift Cards and huge discounts on coupons ranging from $5 to $15. Moreover, the individual will also win a month’s free license for Tenorshare 4DDiG and Duplicate File Deleter. We encourage you to share the activities on social media for a second spin.
Get up to 75% off
- Tenorshare 4DDiG is available at up to a 65% discount at $41.95.
- 4DDiG Duplicate File Deleter is up to 75% off for $24.95 a year.
Buy one get one free
Don’t forget to purchase Tenorshare 4DDiG at $45.95 per month and win the Tenorshare Duplicate File Deleter for free.
To learn more about the biggest sale for professional notepad recovery, please go to Tenorshare 4DDiG’s official website.
Originally posted 2022-09-26 22:58:32.