We have seen how flooring style has evolved over the years. The important role of flooring in interior designing is no secret to anyone anymore. Nowadays people know that if they want to have a beautiful home they must consider spending some money on the flooring. But solid wood flooring can be costly at times, due to this reason people often compromise the style for the price.
But no longer you have to do that, at present you can get the exact look of solid wood flooring within your remodeling budget. Yes, it is true, with the help of engineered wood flooring you can easily get the look of solid wood flooring. If you are interested to learn more about engineered wood flooring, then consider reading our blog post. Here we have discussed everything about engineered wood flooring.
What is engineered wood flooring?
In this section we have provided an in-depth explanation of engineered wood flooring so that you can get a better understanding about this flooring type. The very first thing that you must know about engineered wood flooring is that this wood flooring consists of several layers. Yes, it is not a solid piece of wood, it is made artificially by gluing down several layers of wood together. The top layer of engineered wood flooring is made with natural hardwood, whereas the other layers are made from different woods.
Engineered wood flooring also offers you a wide range of colors, patterns, surface texture, and styles that you can choose from. This, you might not get in any other wooden flooring, and one of the best parts about engineered wood flooring is that it is cost efficient. The cost of engineered wood flooring is somewhere between $3 to $10 per square foot.
What are the advantages of engineered wood flooring?
Now that you have learned about engineered wood flooring, let us look at some of the advantages you get from engineered wood flooring. Mentioned below are some of the advantages of engineered wood flooring:
- One of the biggest advantages of engineered wood flooring is that it can look exactly like real wood flooring. It is because the top layer is made from solid hardwood.
- Engineered wood flooring is extremely durable and can last for many years.
- Another great advantage of engineered wood flooring is that it can be refinished.
- It lends itself to wider boards.
- If you are interested in DIY or do not want to pay that extra amount on the installation, then engineered wood flooring is best suited for you because it is easy to install.
- Engineered wood flooring does not expand and contract to the same extent as solid wood does, especially during the changing season.
- If it ever gets damaged, you can repair it by yourself, all you need is to sanded the damaged area, and it will be back to normal.
- Engineered wood flooring also offers you a chevron and parquet look.
The bottom line
In the end we would like to suggest that, if you want to upgrade your home and you are a little tight on your budget and still want to get the look of real hardwood flooring, then you must choose engineered wood flooring. This flooring style can give you the look of real hardwood flooring within the budget you have.