This type of floor is perfect for adding a modern touch to interior design. It is economical, easy to install, and optimizes comfort. Added to this, it resists scratches, stains, and chemicals. However, this plastic flooring can lose its luster over time. In this article, we offer some tips to restore its color.
a). Method for maintaining the soil daily
1. Use a microfiber mop and a cleaner
The plastic floor covering should be cleaned daily with a vacuum cleaner or a microfiber broom. However, black marks can resist. To remove them and restore the soil to its former color, the best solution is to wipe it with a microfiber mop previously moistened. If the stains persist, the best solution is to invest in a cleaner. For example, dilute a little washing-up liquid in water and rub the stains with this soapy water.
2. Pay attention to the maintenance of plastic flooring
To improve the durability of the soil and prevent it from tarnishing quickly:
- It is strongly advised not to use a steam cleaner because the PVC material does not tolerate heat.
- Abrasive cleaners, such as solvent, acetone, abrasive powders, black soap, and bleach, are to be avoided. The same is true for scouring creams.
- Avoid the use of solvent-based wax, vitrifying varnish, and oil-based products.
- Do not leave rubber on the ground, as this may cause a chemical reaction and leave black marks on it. Therefore, rubber furniture end caps should be replaced with plastic items.
b). Method for optimizing the gloss of PVC material
1. Natural solution: egg yolk
It is possible to maintain the shine of a PVC floor with egg yolk. For that you need :
- Equip yourself with a bucket.
- Add a liter of water and two egg yolks.
- Mix them well to obtain a homogeneous solution.
- Wet a microfiber broom with the mixture then clean the floor.
- Use a perfectly dry mop to gently wipe it.
2. Quick solution: alcohol
For quick results, household alcohol is ideal. In addition, it is available in all large surfaces. To do this :
- Take a bucket and pour a liter of lukewarm water into it.
- Dilute about 3 tablespoons of alcohol.
- Mix well and use the solution obtained as a cleaner.
The PVC coating is far too dull, it is better to mix water and household alcohol in equal parts. The other solution would be to mix white alcohol vinegar or a few drops of ammonia with hydrogen peroxide and then soak a cloth and use it for cleaning.
3. Easy solution: baking soda
Its scouring and abrasive properties make it possible to overcome black marks and all impurities left on a PVC material. So :
- Put 3 liters of water, preferably lukewarm, in a bucket.
- Dilute 50 grams of baking soda in it.
- Mix everything until a homogeneous solution is obtained.
- Soak a mop in this mixture then clean.
- Add 3 tablespoons of household alcohol to 3 liters of lukewarm water.
- Dip a mop into it to wash the floor and optimize its shine.
- Just let it dry.
4. Degreasing solution: soda crystals
Grease stains can sometimes become encrusted on a plastic floor covering, such as PVC. It is possible to transform them into soap using soda crystals. So :
- Pour a liter of hot water into a bucket.
- Add a cup of soda crystals.
- Stir well to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Immerse a microfiber mop in this solution then clean the floor.
- Finish cleaning by rinsing it with clear water.
c). Methods to remove scratches and various spots
1. Remove scratches
To get rid of scratches, apply a rag soaked in metal polish to the scratched areas, taking care to make a circular movement. If it is difficult to find this ingredient, it can be replaced by a product intended to remove scratches on the bodywork of a car.
2. Remove oil stains
Just spread baby talc or flour over the tainted area to absorb the oil stain. Leave to stand, then wipe off the remaining residue with soapy water and a cloth.
For persistent stains, mix white vinegar and warm water in equal amounts in a bowl. Use the solution to gently rub the tainted area and complete the cleaning with a clean water rinse. It only remains to dry it using a mop.
3. Overcoming stains of paint, felt or ink, candle, and glue
Regarding paint stains, simply moisten a cloth with White Spirit to wipe the stained area after having thoroughly sponged the paint. Then rinse it off with clean water.
For felt or ink stains, they should be dabbed with a cloth impregnated with household alcohol and rinse quickly with clear water then wipe with a dry mop. As for glue stains, the best is to mix baking soda and a bowl of hot water. Use this mixture to moisten a tissue and clean the stained area.
To erase the candle stains, the first thing to do is to gently remove the remaining candle with the tip of a spoon. Then prepare a solution consisting of water and white vinegar in equal quantity. Soak a sponge in this solution. After wringing it well, use it to wipe away stains.
The floor is an element that is constantly receiving impacts and, hence, the importance of always keeping it clean. An environment where the floor is dirty and stained becomes an unpleasant and unsanitary environment.
There are many different types of soil and each typology requires different care. However, not all floors are easy to treat and offer a result according to the demands of the industries. In this sense, one of the floors that have proven to be easier to clean is PVC floors.
Vinyl floors are made of tiles with modern design and materials that provide great durability. In EcoSuelosPVC you can find PVC floors in many formats, sizes and varied according to your business.