So you are all set for Australia. You have also selected the type of student visa that applies to your intended study in Australia. What next? There are a few fundamental documents you must produce before you begin the Visa Application Process. As the process is online for Indian Students, it is important to have all the documents handy.
When applying for your student visa for Australia, you will generally need to ensure that your below-mentioned documents are up-to-date:
- Proof of enrolment (your electronic confirmation of enrolment)
- A valid passport
- Your visa application fee
- Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Academic and work experience documents
- Proof of your English proficiency skills (book your place in the IELTS test)
- Proof of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare)
- Aspects of your health insurance policy (Overseas Student Health Cover )
- Statement of purpose
- Passport-sized photographs
- You will also need to provide additional documents such as parental consent if you are under 18 years of age
It should be made clear that these are the basic necessities and qualifications. It is strongly recommended that speak with your IDP counselor for a comprehensive list of documents required for the processing of your visa. Quite often the applications will take about four weeks to process. The exact time your application will take depends on several factors. To ensure the speedy processing of your visa, you should provide all supporting and correct documents with your application. In some cases, the immigration department reaches out to the candidate for additional information. This must be provided without any delay.
If the Australian Student Visa is granted to you, the visa department will let you know your visa number and conditions attached to the visa if any. Regrettably, if you are not granted the visa, then the department will let you know the reason and inform you of your review rights and when you can apply for a review.