If you have been around for a while, you’ve probably seen women wearing salwar suits as traditional Indian clothing. These ladies salwar suit are mainly made of cotton and come in various colours and patterns. You can find them in stores and online.
What are the types of Salwar Suits?
When it comes to buying a salwar suit, there are a few things to consider.
- First and foremost, know the different salwar suits available on the market. There are two main salwar suits: the sarong-kurta and the pyjama-kurta. Then, consider what fabric you want your case to be made of. Salwar kurtas are generally made from cotton or silk fabric, while pyjama kurtas are often made from cotton and polyester blends.
- After you have decided on the type of fabric, find a tailor who can help you choose the perfect size for your body. The size of a salwar suit should fit snugly but not too tight.
- Finally, be sure to keep your salwar suit by keeping it clean and dry.
Top Tips for Buying a Ladies Salwar Suit
- Start by considering your body type. Do you have broad shoulders or a slim waist? This will help you find the right fit for your salwar suit.
- Think about the fabric. Silk is the most traditional option, but it’s also the most expensive. Cotton is an excellent middle ground, but it may not last as long. Polyester or wool are both affordable and should last longer without fading.
- Consider the colour palette. Do you want a bold hue or something more subtle? Check out different stores to get an idea of what looks best on you.
- Get your measurements taken. Salwar suits come in different sizes, so it’s essential to know your measurements to order the correct size.
- Take into account accessories. A dupatta (a scarf that wraps around your neck), matching earrings, and coloured sarees are all ways to dress up for special occasions.
- Consider the cut of your salwar suit. You can get a regular or flared, or one that drapes in a particular way over the hips and knees.
- Matching with accessories is a great way to personalize your look and give it that personalized touch. If you’re wearing a wedding dress or other fancy attire, consider wearing matching jewellery.
- Don’t be afraid to mix prints together. Salwar suits come in so many different patterns and colours that mixing them is actually quite elegant! For example, try pairing a floral print with an animal print for a fun look!
Types of Material that can be Used in Salwars
- Silk- is the most prestigious fabric and the most expensive. It’s also the most delicate and has a very high tensile strength. Silk is used in salwar kameez because it drapes beautifully and is very comfortable.
- Cotton- a sturdy, affordable fabric that can be blended with silk to create a more luxurious look. It’s also wrinkle-resistant and easy to care for.
- Polyester- a synthetic fabric often used in cheaper salwar suits because it looks and feels like silk but is much easier to clean and care for.
- Linen- an antique fabric that has a rich, velvety texture and a slightly different colour than cotton or polyester. It’s not as sturdy as cotton or polyester, but it’s still a good choice for a cheaper salwar suit because of its luxurious feel.
Which Is Better, Cotton or Silk?
The debate between cotton and silk has been around for centuries. Some people swear by the comfort and softness of silk, while others say that cotton is a better material because it’s more durable. Which is the right choice for you? Here are some tips to help you decide:
- If you plan on wearing your salwar suit often, go for a silk one. Silk is much softer than cotton and will be more comfortable on your skin. However, if you only plan on wearing it once or twice, go for a cotton one. It will be more durable and easier to care for.
- Think about your climate. If you live in a humid environment, choose a silk salwar suit instead of a cotton one. Silk is less liable to absorb moisture, keeping you cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- If budget is an essential factor, choose a silk salwar suit over a cotton one. Silk costs more than cotton, but it’s worth it because it lasts longer and feels better on your skin.
What are the Seasonal Trends for Salwar Suits?
The seasonal trends for salwar suits are to wear them in the winter and during the summer. People can wear them with boots or high heels during the winter to add an extra layer of warmth. They are also an excellent choice for work events or meetings where you want to look professional and keep yourself warm. People can wear salwar suits with sandals or flip-flops during the summer. They are a versatile option that can be dressed up or down depending on your outfit.
How to Wear a Salwar Suit?
When you go shopping for a salwar suit, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. But with these tips, you can create a stylish and comfortable outfit that will look great on any occasion.
- Start by choosing the suitable fabric. A silk or cotton salwar suit will be more expensive, but they will also wear better and last longer. Polyester suits tend to wear out quickly and may not look as lovely when they are finally worn out.
- Don’t be afraid of prints. A bold pattern can add a touch of personality to your outfit and can easily transition from day tonight.
- Choose your fit carefully. A too-tight or too-loose fit will not look good on anyone, so find something that fits comfortably but still looks professional.
- Pay attention to accessories. A simple necklace or earrings can help complete your look and make your outfit stand out from the crowd.
Buying a salwar suit on snapdeal can be an exciting but intimidating process. With these tips, you’ll be able to make the purchase with ease and confidence. First and foremost, take your time when browsing through the options. You don’t need to buy a salwar suit right away – there are plenty of other things you can buy first to help outfit your wedding day. Second, think about what type of salwar suit you want to purchase. Do you want an unstitched Salwar Kameez, or do you want a tailored one? If you buy a tailored Salwar Kameez, it is essential to ensure that the measurements are taken correctly, as mistakes in sizing could result in an unflattering outfit. Finally, consider how much money you want to spend on your new attire and shop around until you find a deal that works for both your budget and wants/needs.